Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What I loved about the Golden Globes

In her speech, Tina Fey made fun of people who post on The Envelope forums, which I have faithfully belonged to since 2002. Dianefan can suck it. Anyone who doesn’t get Tina Fey is a degenerate asshole.Tracy Morgan accepting the Best comedy award and stating that he is the face of post-racial America. Deal with it, Cate Blanchett! He probably got very confused and meant Kate Winslet because Cate Blanchett wasn’t even there. He also confirmed that he doesn’t act on 30 Rock. Whether he is Morgan or Jordan, he is just himself. Kate Winslet never wins anything and then she won two awards in one night. However I would have argued that she should have received a third award for BEST AWARD CEREMONY MOMENT EVER. She gets on stage and says the following: “I’m so sorry. Anne, Meryl, Kristin and oh god who’s the other one? …. Angelina.” I love that “the other one” happens to be the most famous female celebrity in the world. Angelina “Mother fucking” Jolie. Somewhere Jennifer Aniston is doing a touchdown-like celebration dance.While I don’t care for Mickey Rourke face, I do care for his win in the Best Actor category. I also care for the fact that he thanked his dog and he didn’t thank the Hollywood foreign press. In 2009, it is my New Years resolution to be nicer in general. Being a bitch is so 08! It was nice to see Rumer Willis finally get her due as Miss Golden Globe. It was also nice to see her look like a human for once and not a chin with legs.

No comments: