Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globe Film Predictions


I am at a complete loss as to who will win these awards this year. Usually I am good a predicting these things, but things are about as clear for me as they were for Julie Christie in Away from Her. However here are a few feelings I thought I would share:

1. The comedy categories suck a lot this year!

2. Mamma Mia can't really win Best Picture! This is not the People's Choice awards or even the Mom Jeans film festival. Clout goes out the window for HFPA if Mammia Mia becomes the winner who takes it all!

3. I have a feeling Kate Winslet will lose twice. I also have a feeling that Meryl Streep will lose twice. It might actually be easier to have two two category losers than one.

4. I have a feeling Sean Penn can't lose for MILK. But he's snubbed the Globes before and if I invited someone to my party and they didn't show up I'd be less inclined to pick up their bar tab next time we were out. Does that make sense? Maybe they'll go for Rourke or even Frank Langella.

5. I am wondering who will accept for Heath Ledger.

Anyihopekatewinsletwins, here are my predictions:

Best Picture Drama – Slumdog Millionaire

Best Director – Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire

Best Picture Comedy – Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Actor Drama – Sean Penn in Milk

Best Actor Comedy – Dustin Hoffman in Last Chance Harvey

Best Actress Drama – Anne Hathaway in Rachel Getting Married

Best Actress Comedy – Sally Hawkins in Happy Go Lucky

Best Supporting Actor – Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress – Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Foreign Language Film – Waltz with Bashir

Best Animated Film – WALL E

Best Screenplay – Slumdog Millionaire

Best Original Score – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Original Song – “The Wrestler” from The Wrestler

No comments: