Thursday, December 6, 2007

Back to Black Kate Moss Tonight.



Grammy Nominations were announced today and I am very happy because Amy Winehouse was nominated for all four major awards. Apparently voters looked past the female Pete Doherty's bad rep and listened to her glorious music. Kanye West lead with 8 Nominations. Winehouse trailed closely with 6. Here are my general reactions:

Album of the Year : YAWN... Vince Gill??? Herbie Hancock seems kinda boring too. Foo Fighters not really my thing. Kanye is great, but dude has an ego. The Boss and Mr. Heather Mills were both surprisingly shutout I would say Miss Wino is the front runner here.

Record: Rehab, Irreplaceable, Umbrella. All three are as catchy as hell. This is a toss up.

Song: Umbrella, Rehab, and perhaps my guiltiest pleasure of the year, Before He Cheats. I mean if Carrie can get a song nom with Jesus Take the Wheel, then she might even win for her own white trash version karaoke catalogue fave.

Best New Artist: DAUGHTRY thought to be the front runner doesn't get nominated. I was hoping this category wouldn't be inundated with American Idol Class of 06 and it's nice to see that it isn't. No Lily Allen either, which is odd in my opinion. Happy for Feist because she is awesome. Safe to say Amy will win in a Fleetwood Mack landslide.

Two other great surprises:

Happy to see Feist up for Best Pop Vocal Album, which is a very competitive category.
And especially happy to see Fantasia up for a couple of awards because bitch can sing.

Ziga Zig Ah!

No comments: