Monday, September 21, 2009

Good/Not Good

The Emmy Awards were last night. This is what I am deeming good and not good about the ceremony and award winners.

GOOD:

This was amazing!
Alec Baldwin won and that is good.

30 Rock wins Best Comedy and Mad Men wins Best Drama and that's the way it should be.

While I thought some of his material sucked and fell flat, Neil Patrick Harris was a great host and I do love the return of this Fred Astaire song and dance man as award show host.

I loved that Ben finally won an Emmy because he is one of the best villains on TV. I also love that he is married to Arlene from True Blood.


NOT GOOD:

I am a musical theatre fag, but I can't stand Kristin Chenoweth. I'm sorry but Ms. Chenoweth is 41 years old and is it just or does she permanently behave like she is a Sesame Street character. And you have the nerve to steal an Emmy from Kristen Wiig. NOT GOOD!
"Emmy Award Winner Jon Cryer." This is wrong in so many ways.

This person's issues with inhaling were not good.

Tina Fey wins an Emmy for playing Sarah Palin but loses Best Actress in a Comedy Series. I love Toni Collette, but this is Liz Lemon we are talking about.

This dress was not good.

Overall these Emmy Awards were fine. They could have been a lot worse. I think I might not predict winners for the Emmys. I never do well and there seems to be no real rhyme or reason in who wins. Mayhaps next year I'll just draw names out of a hat.

Bring on the Oscars!

No comments: