Friday, September 18, 2009

Emmy Award Predictions

I hate the above picture more than I can even explain!

I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought the Emmys were next weekend. I need to stop drinking.

The Emmys are apparently on Sunday. I feel ashamed because I am not upholding the tube part of this blog as well as I should. So here's my sorry ass attempt to be a better blogger.

I always find predicting Emmys particularly difficult because I really don't understand why Emmy voters vote the way they do. I.E. Doris Roberts 4 Emmys for Everybody Loves Raymond (see disgusting photo above). Kim Cattrall 0 Emmys for Sex in the City. That makey no sensey to me!

There are some categories that I am really just taking a stab in the dark at, but here goes:

Best Drama
It will be nice to see the best drama on TV win the award for the best drama on TV.

Best ComedyAgain, it will be nice to see the best comedy on TV win the award for the best comedy on TV.

Best Actor- Drama
I just have a hunch that he will win because he never has and Emmy voters seem to really like him. And he is kind of the show.

Best Actor- ComedyAfter watching Baldwin's Generalissimo episode yesterday, I can't predict anyone else for the win. It just feels wrong to do so. However, I have a strong feeling I will Jim Parsons the day I predicted Baldwin.

Best Actress- DramaEasy. Fingers crossed for a Elisabeth Moss shocker! (wait that sounds dirty)

Best Actress- ComedyNow I love Muriel Heslop to death, but Liz Lemon is a goddess.

Best Supporting Actor- Drama
I have no clue. But I'll say Aaron Paul.

Best Supporting Actor - ComedyHe's hosting and it would be awkward if he didn't win. Come on Emmy Voters don't Jenna Elfman him!

Best Supporting Actress - DramaAgain I have no clue. But I'll say Wiest because she won last year.

Best Supporting Actress- ComedyI want to predict Wiig or Krakowski. SIGH!

I am not getting into other categories because it cuts into my drinking time. I expect maybe half of these to be correct. Only time will tell...

No comments: