Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WORST BLOGGER EVER!

I was such a good blogger for so long. I even blogged twice on Oscar nomination morning before 12 noon. But it seems as though work, you know that thing that helps you buy things you want, has gotten in the way. BLAME IT ALL ON THIS TV SHOW THAT EMPLOYS ME:

I have also been spending a ton of personal time focused on figure skating as it is a pre-Olympic year. I traveled to Vancouver to watch the Four Continents figure skating championships and I also hosted a US Nationals party aptly titled SHE FALLS, YOU DRINK!

Work and Elvis Stojko aside, much has happened since I last blogged and since we are a mere 5 days away from Oscar I figured. I should do a quick photo recap of all that has gone down Oscar race and Oscar race related.

Meryl Streep won a SAG and delivered perhaps the best speech of the award season. She also wore a pantsuit that was quite striking.

Mickey Rourke won a BAFTA, which was a great victory to see. I am really hoping for an Oscar win.

Kate Winslet picks up both SAG and BAFTA for The Reader, which makes it virtually impossible for her to lose Oscar.

Slumdog wins everything in sight including SAG ensemble (which is complete bullshit in my opinion).

I rewatched Rachel Getting Married on my plane to Vancouver and thought it was pretty great upon a second viewing. I also though Rosemarie DeWitt and Debra Winger were robbed.

AND PERHAPS MOST IMPORTANTLY THIS HAPPENED:


Oscars are five days away so this blog is now going to go into hyper drive with at least a blog a day. Christmas is on Sunday after all.

No comments: