Friday, October 3, 2008

Oscar Wild aught 8

I like fall. I love jack-o-lanterns. I love games of touch football on crisp autumn days. I love pumpkin pies. Okay I love eating an entire pumpkin pie in one sitting with a spoon and then wearing an over sized Autumnal colored sweater to hide my bloated man gunt. Viva Thanksgiving!

I also love this time of year because movies baiting for Oscars are released on an almost weekly basis. Some became major front runners (Rachel Getting Married) and some go belly up in the water (Blindness).

Here are my first 08 predictions:
Best Picture

Revolutionary Road
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionaire
Doubt
Milk

Best Director

Sam Mendes Revolutionary Road
David Fincher The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Danny Boyle Slumdog Millionaire
Clint Eastwood Changeling
Gus Van Sant Milk
Best Actor

Leonardo Dicaprio Revolutionary Road
Mickey Rourke The Wrestler
Frank Langella Frost/Nixon
Brad Pitt The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Sean Penn Milk
Best Actress

Anne Hathaway Rachel Getting Married
Sally Hawkins Happy Go Lucky
Meryl Streep Doubt
Kate Winslet Revolutionary Road
Kristin Scott Thomas I’ve Loved You a Long Time
Best Supporting Actor

Josh Brolin Milk
Philip Seymour Hoffman Doubt
Heath Ledger The Dark Knight
Michael Shannon Revolutionary Road
John Malkovich Changeling
Best Supporting Actress

Taraji J. Henson The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Penelope Cruz Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis Doubt
Debra Winger Rachel Getting Married
Marisa Tomei The Wrestler

No comments: